threads
Page 1 of 2
Ranger Suspension \  Triangulated 4-Link Guidelines?

Triangulated 4-Link Guidelines?

Ranger Suspension Ranger Tech
views 3174
replies 10
following 5

spngr311   +1y
I was wondering if there are any general guidelines (i.e. how long should the diagonal bars be in relation to the straight bars, etc.) I should follow for the dimensions and layout of my four link. I am going to run a bag on bar triangulated four link setup.
baha   +1y
hey man they should either be the same length or shorter then the lower bars, don't make them longer.
spngr311   +1y
Wouldn't it make sense to run the bars such that the pivot occurs at the same plane, making the top bars longer?
wht01ranger   +1y
^ ya, that how i did mine, i have no pinion change

lower bars are 24inches from eye to eye

the uppers are triangulated 35degrees from the lowers inward towards the driveshaft (looking from the top)

my uppers are set between 26-26.5inches in length since i have adjustables

use mr. pythagoras's theorem to get yer angles, lengths, and positions. i made my lower bars first, set them in place, and based everything off of those, you could make your uppers first, set those in place, and base the lowers on those too, you can do it either way
baha   +1y
Yeah the distance from eye to eye PARALLEL to the frame has the to be same or shorter then the lower bars it cannot be longer, but the actual top bar it self may actually be longer then the lower bar, because it's like a triangle the distance from eye to eye being a side, and the bar length being the hypotenuse. Like Mark said Pythagorean Therom works well to calculate the measurement you need for the actual bar length.

are you building the 4 link your self? or buying one
spngr311   +1y
I'm buying one. I am planning to go with the SD [url=,SuperPivot4-LinkKit.]Super Lift, Super Pivot 4-Link Kit.
spngr311   +1y
As a secondary question, how long does it take for a 4-link to reach my house after it has been ordered from Suicide Doors? Planning on taking a few days off to get it all kosher when it arrives.
wht01ranger   +1y
man, my friend called them about 2 weeks ago about getting a single pre-made adjustable 4link bar, they said 2 weeks. this seems to be the busiest time of the year for sales, i guess since spring is coming up and warm weather attracts a lot of work on the trucks lol

i dunno man, best way is to call them lol. mike at has new 4link designs which are 2x2x.25 bars like SD, not the smaller bars (forrest and james can tell you about those). so if SD can't fit your need, Mike at gravity-werx is always an option. mike has great customer service.
spngr311   +1y
Their customer service is very good. But I wasn't as thrilled with the look of their four links.
96rangerxlt   +1y
I have one of their older 4 links on my truck and have no complaints. While the bars may not be as beefy as those from SD, you will never break them unless you hop the hell out of it or setup something wrong. The lower and upper bars are plenty thick enough for just about any mini. I personally know the guy who designs a great majority of their products and trust me, he is extremely knowledgable. Mike and the other GW guys have great customer service and great products. They will always have my business over SD. James can tell you too, SD's ranger products just don't work like they are supposed to.