replies 11
following 6

stylinranger   +1y
how the fuck do u get rivits off taht hold the upper shock mount
stylinranger   +1y
also i ground them down and drilled them out
may not have the ground down far enough but i think i do
96rangerxlt   +1y
Yeah i know all about cutting rivets off. Ive found 2 ways to work. One is to use a torch to cut off the heads off the rivets and then punch them out w/ an air hammer w/ a punch bit. The other way is to cut an X in the head of the rivet and then use an air hammer w/ a chisel bit to get the head off. Then use a punch bit to punch the section out of the frame.
layingframe89   +1y
yeah i always did the X trick to
stylinranger   +1y
still cant get this bitch off i have one side of the head ground off, hiting with a big fuckin hammer and a punch
bodydropped85   +1y
air hammer :TUP:
96rangerxlt   +1y
You can get a cheap air hammer like I have for around $25 at Home Depot or somewhere similar. I also spent $15 more to buy an Ingersoll Rand quick release so I didn't have to mess with the spring tensioner. Or if you have the $$, Snap On makes a badass air hammer like the one James has.
bodydropped85   +1y
yea its 375 bux and sounds like a stroked 4 banger lol. the air hammer from walmart(cambul housefeild, made by ingersall rand) is 15 bux and ingersall rand one from lowes was 30 bux. the quick release is a good option, it was 25 bux at lowes, i hate those dam springs lol
exploitedcustoms.com   +1y
I just grind the head off of it so you can see the faint line of the hole size and bolt inside of it then just take a punch and hammer and it comes right out.
baha   +1y
^^^^ I like that method the best, easier on the hands to and grinding the heads off doesn't take as long as you might think