threads
Page 1 of 1
Ranger Suspension \  Fuel Line Extending - HELP!!!

Fuel Line Extending - HELP!!!

Ranger Suspension Ranger Tech
views 1112
replies 8
following 4

spngr311   +1y
I have a 2000 with the 3.0L. How do I extend the fuel lines? I have the fuel cell in my truck where my spare tire used to be. Also, how do I get the pump out of the tank?
tiger   +1y
To remove the pump, spin the lock ring off and remove. You'll need to use a hammer and a screwdriver/punch to get the ring loose, then you can spend it off by hand.

For my lines, I just went up to the parts store and bought some rubber fuel line that was the proper size to fit over the hard pipe that's on the truck, and secured the lines with hose clamps.
spngr311   +1y

Where do I hit with the hammer?

And is that safe to do that with the fuel line? I mean, there's a lot of pressure on the lines (75 psi).
spngr311   +1y
How do I spin the lock ring off? I can't budge it.

EDIT: Got the pump off. However, I still would like some more advice with extending the lines.
tiger   +1y
On the spin ring, there are ridges. Put the punch/driver on the ridges and use the hammer to spin the ring loose enough to remove it by hand.

Safe? Of course. Look at what holds many of the rubber hoses on from the factory underhood....hose clamps. You just have to make sure you have enough overlap so the hose clamp clamps down onto the stub that the hose is on and not the hose itself.

If you want to get fancy, use steel braided lines with A/N fittings, just be prepared to pay a lot for it.
spngr311   +1y
You know, you're right. Thanks for you help on this. I still need some fitting though for the fuel cell - where can I get them?
bodydropped85   +1y
summit or jegs. just figure out what degree angle you need i belive most cells are a -8 AN fitting.
exploitedcustoms.com   +1y
They do make high pressure hose clamps. I used those instead of the other regular ones. The auto parts store by me had them they are a smaller store.
spngr311   +1y
Yeah, I got the high pressure clamps and high pressure line. I got it all straightened out. Thanks guys.
Page 1 of 1