Page 1 of 1
Ranger Suspension \  Bronco II Fuel Tank, 98+ 3.0's, and Fuel Vapor Canister

Bronco II Fuel Tank, 98+ 3.0's, and Fuel Vapor Canister

Ranger Suspension Ranger Tech
views 883
replies 5
following 4

spngr311   +1y
I need to move that fuel tank from under my truck before I get to work on the rear. I have a few questions before I get to it. One, can I use a Bronco II fuel tank on my 2000 3.0 with the returnless fuel system? If I cannot, what can I use instead that is not a fuel cell (I'm impatient and want to drag, I'll get the fuel cell later)? When replacing the fuel tank with a fuel cell or different tank, what do I do about the fuel vapor canister? Can I get away without it?

I figured this was a good spot to post this because it is a problem that bagged people deal with.
exploitedcustoms.com   +1y
I just relocated my vapor canistor for my truck. Many people ditch them also. You just have the possibility of throwing a CEL that might be annoying if you don't go in and pull that bulb in the dash.

Don't know much about the BII tank so im not much help there.
spngr311   +1y
I guess I'll just move the fuel vapor canister. I'd rather not have the CEL risk.
bodydropped85   +1y
id just put the tank in the bed
spngr311   +1y
I still need the room in the bed for my surfboards and the extended cab tank would take up too much room. I am going to put a fuel tank/cell where the spare tire was, cut a hole in the bed and do it like that.
tiger   +1y
I used a fuel tank out of a '96ish Dakota, and it looks and works well.

I had to drill a hole in the top and add a brass fitting for a vent, as I reused the Ranger fuel pump and the Dakota fuel pump had the vent built in....so I just connected a hose from my added vent to the canister. At first I didn't get it a CEL, but now I've got one for some reason...

You could put it where the spare tire goes and only have about half sticking above the bed floor.

Page 1 of 1