Page 1 of 1
Ranger Suspension \  question(s) on notching rear frame

question(s) on notching rear frame

Ranger Suspension Ranger Tech
views 930
replies 6
following 5

95lowtide   +1y
when notching the rear frame, is it necessary to bridge the notches together to basically tie them together? or can you just have the notch and no bridge? if no bridge, where would i put bag mounts? thanks for the info
baha   +1y
Yes you need atleast one bridge bar, do you have any pictures of the brackets you bought?
rangerdrgnonyou   +1y
I would deffinetly recommend atleast one brace between your notch too.

You can also mount your bags on the outside of your frame on your link bars. I'm sure you've seen this a few times. I know SD.com makes a universal cantaliever kit.
95lowtide   +1y
no pics of bag brackets yet, just wondering before i order anything as to whats good or bad when notching. i am looking at one of the SD.com bridge kits. not sure which one i am going to actually get.

speaking of bag mounts, the axle brackets that SD.com has for their bridge kit, anyone know what the size is needed for the Ranger with a 3.0L 5-speed manual? i know its probably a stupid question but im not sure. thanks again!
96rangerxlt   +1y
Check out the notches that Gravity-Werx sells. I have one of their notches in my truck and it was easy to put in Instead of the usual 8 piece notch that you put together, their notches are prebuilt out of box tubing. I had mine in in about 30-45 minutes and it is completely square from every corner and completely level all the way across the top. It is hard and very time consuming to get an 8 piece notch that straight. They also have good 4 link kits. I am running one of mine, but I am using the behind and under axle brackets from SD b/c I can't run the GW cantilever brackets. I can't get them far enough away from the pivot point at the front of the lower bar b/c I am running 20's.
rangerdrgnonyou   +1y
You should have a 7.7 inch axle on that thing....I once knew the OD but forgot it now. Over the axle bags ride a little rougher plus you get less lift than you would of a liever set-up.

I don't think 8 piece notches are really that bad......just weld the outside's on first, then weld the top on next. The do the inside next....cut out the stock frame inside of the notch then weld the lower piece in. I know its more time consuming but if you take your time and don't cut first it will stay square.

You should prolly talk to Chris from Exploited Customs. I'm sure he will be able to help you out alot. I know he is a authorized dealer for quite a few companys and could prolly help you with differences between different kits.

But most rear kits are univeral.....unless you have a s10...ha ha ha ha
exploitedcustoms.com   +1y
For the axle brackets I would get the 2.75 dia brackets.. You might have to largen one side of the bracket where it goes onto the axle depending on the actual location that you place the bracket on the axle.

I don't think a 8 piece notch is that hard to install. I can install one in 30-45 minutes. Like RangerDrgnonyou said. Weld the outside one on. Then weld the top. Weld the inside piece on and then cut your frame and weld the lower piece on.

If you want let me know what all your looking for and im sure your price will end up being lower then what SD.com has.
Page 1 of 1