threads
Page 1 of 2
Ranger Suspension \  Bad noise/vibration after flip kit install?

Bad noise/vibration after flip kit install?

Ranger Suspension Ranger Tech
views 5267
replies 14
following 7

sparkranger   +1y
I already talked to James about this but im trying to get more input on what happened.

Now...my truck ran fine at stock height and when I installed my drop beams. Pickup was fine, speed, all that. Now that i've installed the flip kit, I get a very deep noise/vibration going 40-45mph when I would get a slight vibration going 75 when the truck was stock/front lowered.
If im not mistaken, the offset bolt is supposed to go to the rear correct?

I've heard 2 things: Pinion Angle or Driveshaft. Someone told me I need a pinion shim, shorten the driveshaft...whatever. I thought the flip kit was supposed to help you AVOID having to shorten the driveshaft??

Anyone have a clear idea as to what it is so I can quickly fix it and not blow anything up? What way are the offest holes supposed to be?

Doubt these will do anything:

Everything seems to be inline to me so I have no idea what went wrong.
wht01ranger   +1y
when you look at the flip kit, the hole should be more towards the front of the truck (towards where the driveshaft is pointing)...this forward offset of the hole will set the axle back....if you put the hole towards the back, then you moved your axle forward
baha   +1y
do you have any pictures of where your axle is bolted to the drive shaft?

On the flip kit there will be an off centered hole. and on your leaf spring there is a bolt that holds the leaf pack together in the center. Yours is a std cab right? I duno if this will help but on Twanksta's truck I installed them so the off centered hole on the flip kit bracket was more towards the rear of the truck then front, and the bolt in the leaf spring pack fit into the hole that way. its most likely a pinion angle problem, in my ext cab Ranger I had a similar problem but my pinion was pretty bad.
sparkranger   +1y
Needless to say, I completely spaced and didn't bother to look @ the online instructions. Tells me to put the bolt forward. I figured that since everything was moving towards the front of the truck, putting the offest hole to the rear, would straighten everything out.

Im going to fix it tomorrow after school so I will keep you guys posted on what happens.
xxxxcjxxxx   +1y
yu may also wana hcck your pinio angle also... i used 2* shims 1st then went up to 4* after i put smaller tires on my front wheels cuz that dropped me another inch and took my pinion angle off more.
bodydropped85   +1y
form here ur pinion angle looks fine i think u put the flip kit in backwards.
sparkranger   +1y
I did. I just finished it (2:35pm). Ran it around the block and it is A LOT smoother.

Thanks for the help James.

MODS: Delete this thread and what not.
xxxxcjxxxx   +1y
leave it.. sum1 else might learn from a past mistake
bodydropped85   +1y
yup plus ill looseposts lol
xxxxcjxxxx   +1y
that was my 1nd thought jb!! lol post counters!!!