Page 1 of 2
Ranger Suspension \  Got any tips?

Got any tips?

Ranger Suspension Ranger Tech
views 1618
replies 10
following 3

dwarfranger   +1y
I just got my belltech drop kit in today and I was wondering if anybody has any tips on installing it, is there anything I should watch out for? My dad and I will be doing it at his shop. I am doing the drop in 2 stages because of money. this time im going to put 2in springs in the front and the 5.5 flip kit with the notch and nitro drop shocks in the back. then when i get more money im going to get i-beams, nitro drop shocks for the front and the hanger kit for the rear for a total of 5/7 or 5/7.5. I also decided to go with 20 by 8.5's will these rub in the front? does anybody have pics of a 5/7 with 20's?
the twanksta   +1y
My Ranger with I-beams and a flip kit w/ no notch(im riding bumpstops in back), it was basically a 5/7 drop since it was a splash model, so heres a pic for reference with 20x9 with 245/35/20 tires...
dwarfranger   +1y
looks awesome! do the tires rub in the front? how does it ride?
the twanksta   +1y
well...as far as rubbing me and baha took out the black plastic inner fender, i just unsnapped everything from it(computer wires) and zip tied them to something sturdy in the engine bay, Im pretty sure the shock we put on it are blown or they just suck so it bounces alot more than id like up front(Ive only rubbed the inner METAL fender like 3 times over thousands of miles so..), I have the wrong offset wheels and I have never rubbed the actual fender lip. For the back its on bumpstops, so it basically rides like shit lol. It doesnt move so I dont know if it will hit or not haha! But overall I am still very happy with how it sits and the ride isnt so bad that i would change it back, i can handle it i plan to notch it soon anyways...sorry for the long post i can answer more ?s if you have them though
dwarfranger   +1y
what offset did you get the ones im looking at are either 16mm or 40mm i want as much dish as possible but i still want them to tuck especially if i bag it which i will probably do some day
the twanksta   +1y
Im not too sure what offset they are, I didnt know about that stuff when i bought them, I just know they are wrong now.lol. heres some more pics for ya though..one is after my wreck but it still shows normal tire/fender gap.

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

i know i might have gone a lil picture crazy...lol but oh well.
dwarfranger   +1y
looks great!
the twanksta   +1y
Thanks! I plan to bag the front by feb and notch the rear and drop it as far as I can before I start messing things up..lol!
scrp1day   +1y
i think im gonna do the same thanks twank ive bee wanting to go lower but been scared of rubbing and what not but i think i can get a couple more inches with out rub keep goin pic crazy i need the inspiration!
the twanksta   +1y
HAHAHA! Thanks! Yeah I def want to go lower, I just couldnt afford the notch at the moment and didnt have time to install one since Im just gonna doa full weld in instead of taking the bolt in one. I have the 2" drop springs, I might try to put them on one day...hehehe you know just for kicks to see what happens, I need some better shocks for that though.