threads
Page 1 of 2
Ranger Suspension \  Cheapest way to lower the rear?

Cheapest way to lower the rear?

Ranger Suspension Ranger Tech
views 2733
replies 14
following 6

sparkranger   +1y
I was wondering if there was a free (or close to it) way to lower the rear of the Ranger. Now i know if I had a welder, i could weld the perch on the bottom but...uh...I dont have one.

DJM sells a kit but i cant find out how much just the rear is. I only find prices for the entire kit (beams + rear). I had an idea of either flipping the leafs upside down or flipping the rear end over so the perches are on the bottom but a friend of mine said the diff. isn't straight and flipping the leafs would throw the geometry off(?)

I was just wondering if there is another way to get the leafs UNDER the axle for dirt cheap. Thanks yet again.
mark98xlt   +1y
djm sells the kit seperate, hit up styling concepts wesbite as its for sale on there I think its like $50 new but if you check rps once in a while youll see a couple on there for like 25 or a little more.

Also how the flipkit works is the leafs stay the same all you do is take them out take the bolt that connects the pack reverse it and u jack up ur axle and put ur leafs under the axle, on top of the plates ia u shaped brack that sits on top of the bolt anc the u bolts tie it all together, thats the best I can describe it.

also it drops your truck 4-5 inches depending how used your springs are usually the older they are youll get a little bit more of drop because of age and they arent as tight and new as they were. Each truck is different though. Also you can get lifting shackles with will raise the drop from 5 inches to 3.
sparkranger   +1y
Well I checked Stylin but couldn't find an actual picture of the kit. I guess I can check again and see what I can come up with.

Whats the difference between a shim kit and flip kit?
xxxxcjxxxx   +1y
Do a Flip Kit for an easy 4-7" of drop and it only cost like $25... check out the forsale boards on different forums and doa good search for "buy ranger flip kit" that shoudl help you find what you need.

Shim Kits are for changeing the angle of your differential so the driveshaft is going straight into the diff and its not binding up causing you to tear up your u-joints

Do you know a flip kit would be installed on a ranger?
wht01ranger   +1y
i got a pair of flip kit brackets...just the brackets...you can use your factory u bolts with them

PM me if you want it, ill let it go cheap..gimme an offer
scrp1day   +1y
honestly the cheapest and easiest way i know of is blocks at any autozone for like 16.99.
sparkranger   +1y
PM Sent to Wht01Ranger.
xxxxcjxxxx   +1y

without a flip kit, block will only raise the rear of a ranger... s-10's on the other hand r lowered with just blocks and lifted using a flip kit
scrp1day   +1y
my bad i guess the flip kit is necessary
daweezi   +1y
flip kit is necessary for over 2 inches of drop i think, belltech makes a 2 inch hanger lowering kit for gen 1, 2, 3 rangers but i wouldnt bother with it, id just go ahead with a flip kit from djm