threads
Page 1 of 3
Ranger Suspension \  how much can you drop............

how much can you drop............

Ranger Suspension Ranger Tech
views 3615
replies 23
following 8

dwarfranger   +1y
...........the back end of a 97 ranger xtra cab before it bottoms out on the frame?also are the mono leafs from belltech a good idea or a last resort how well does a mono leaf ride?
xxxxcjxxxx   +1y
I have a 96 Splash and all i could doto set my frame on the axle was a flip kit and i had to put a notch in and now i have good clearance. I have different leafs then a normal ext cab ranger.
bodydropped85   +1y

6inches and trim the bumpstops even w/ the frame and ull ahve bout 3/4 in clearance.
dwarfranger   +1y
ok so lets say i want to get 6 or 7 inches in the back would i have to put in a step notch or would the flipkit notch work?
dwarfranger   +1y
6inches and trim the bumpstops even w/ the frame and ull ahve bout 3/4 in clearance.

ok is it likely that it will bottom out with just 3/4 in clearance? and im sure it would definatley if i tried to put something heavy in the bed right? Also how much should it cost to get the flip kit notch installed. I can do everything else but i dont have anything to cut the frame with.
xxxxcjxxxx   +1y
the c-notch made a world of difference for me... but if you plan to bag, trim the bumpstop and look into a step notch down the road in which you will be putting in sooner or later to layout the rear
dwarfranger   +1y
yeah well this is my daily for now and im going to wait untill my other trucks done before i bag this one.
tiger   +1y
I've got my rear dropped at least 6", and without my bumpstop trimmed, i'm about 1/2" from riding it. It bottoms out ALL the time, but it's not too bad or rough, but thats personal taste really. My frame isn't notched 'cause I'm gonna go with bags down the way, so I don't see a need for it yet.
the twanksta   +1y
Well, me and Baha put thge DJM 3/4 kit on. With only the flip kit installed I ride bumpstops w/o a notch. Its a lil bouncy, but really I dont think it rides all that bad until I hit the bridges. But I rode with my 20s from GA to TN(about 4-5 hour trip) and was pretty happy with the whole thing.Ill have pics up later.
daweezi   +1y
yea, the 20s look great now that you have a little drop...next step is bags my friend