threads
Page 1 of 2
Ranger Suspension \  I need help (Wheel Question)

I need help (Wheel Question)

Ranger Suspension Ranger Tech
views 1915
replies 15
following 4

fon_sigon   +1y
I have a set of 19 in. wheels that I am ordering but I want to know if you guys know it will fit.

It is a 19x8 with a +30mm offset. I want it to tuck but I want to make sure I shouldn't have any turning issues. The truck is suppose to go into the shop for suspension work and it is going to be laying on these wheels so I want them to fit right.

Help me out with any info.
baha   +1y
whats the maximum amount of backspacing you can order with that wheel? I ordered 5.5 with my 18x8s and I still need to get the rear end shortened
fon_sigon   +1y
Well, they offer a 19x8 in a +30 and +40 mm offset. Actually if I go 20 in. i think it's a 20x8 with a +50 mm offset.

I am just worried if I pull the rears in too far I am going to hit the frame in the rear or I won't be able to mount a bag or link bar on the outside of the framerail at all.
fon_sigon   +1y
If I run the 20x8 with the +50 mm offset that gives me a 6.47 in. backspacing. Do you think if I run a 1/4 in. spacer on the rear with those +50 I should be good or do you think that is going to sit in too far?
baha   +1y
I think you will be fine man, I still had plenty of room with my 5.5 back spacing ill look for some pictures to show you. I would get the max 50mm offset then. Also what size tire are you planning on running? I ran a 245/35/R18 if you run a 235 that will give you a litle bit more room also.
fon_sigon   +1y
Also what backspacing should I order for the fronts??

+30mm or the +40mm. I have my mustang wheels now and they tuck fine and I think they are a mid-offset wheel (don't know exact backspacing) but wouldn't the +40 pull the wheel in too far and cause problems with turning? But I don't know how the +30 with the +50 in the rear is going to look. Dam this is not being easy and I want to order them ASAP so I can have them next week.

Any suggestions for anyone would help. Thanks for your help so far Baha, I need more advice from Ranger owners who are running wheels on them.
baha   +1y
Front will be fine, Ibeams pull the wheels in anyway, if the wheels you are running now tuck fine then just take them off and measure the backspacing, lay the wheel flat on the ground face down, put a ruller or some sort of straight edge on top of the wheel and measure the distance from one of the bolt holes to the straight edge. That is your back spacing any pics of the wheels your ordering?
baha   +1y

and here you can sorta see the distance i have between the frame and wheel/tire

That's with a 5.5 backspacing and 245/45/R18 tire

baha   +1y
scrp1day   +1y
damn baha thats a nice set up wish i had some advice fon just commenting on the sick pics tho! sorry.