Page 1 of 3
Ranger Suspension \  Engine Driven On a Ranger

Engine Driven On a Ranger

Ranger Suspension Ranger Tech
views 3985
replies 25
following 13

fon_sigon   +1y
I am wondering, I know I haven't seen any kits for a ranger. But my question is what is the major problem of why there isn't an engine driven compressor kit on a ranger? Is it just that the brackets need to be fabricated or is it that there is something in the way? No space? Someone enlighten me and let me know why there is no engine driven compressor kits for rangers that way I can get one made.
itsarealedgeiswear   +1y
theres no real convient place to put it unless you get rid of your A/C, as for why nobody makes one thats because the S10 is the GOD of minitruckin aftermarket but hey at least we dont have the poor aftermarket like the dakota.
If your willing to ditch your A/C you can make one with your stock pump just need a tool oiler and a check valve.
fon_sigon   +1y
OK, so really what your saying is there is no where to mount it right now unless you get rid of your A/C. Is this something that you guys would be interested in?

A way to run a engine driven with A/C?
itsarealedgeiswear   +1y
I would on my 02 4.0 its got alot of room above the current powersteering, A/C cast alumnium setup I just didnt feel like redoing the belt and Im pretty sure I was getting sleepy.
bodydropped85   +1y
what motor u got? lonlsos has a older 4.0 and its on the pass side right below othe alternaotr.
fon_sigon   +1y
I have the 4 cyl.

i believe that is the 2.3L
tiger   +1y
I'll be running an engine driven when I get bagged. I haven't looked to see if there's room, but damnit I'll make room somehow.
bodydropped85   +1y
hmm yea newer 2.3 brakets are gay. all my accessories are on the drivers side and a/c wa on the pass side...
baha   +1y
I know no one asked for this but I believe this diagram would help someone wanting to do this by: Joshua Rogers
itsarealedgeiswear   +1y
That pic is badass I love the light switch I put in.