threads
Page 1 of 2
Ranger Suspension \  Body lift or Suspension lift.

Body lift or Suspension lift.

Ranger Suspension Ranger Tech
views 2360
replies 16
following 12

00ranger00   +1y
I didnt do a search because i figured most of you guys are lowered and it wouldnt have been asked before.

Right now i dont have a 4x4, and im getting closer every day to a new truck. Might not be brand new but it will be new to me. ANYWAY on to the point.

Once i aquire the 4x4 im going to want to lift it. BUT im kinda torn between the body lift and the suspension lift. Basically what i want are the pros and cons of each. I have seen both and they both look fine to me. Im just trying to figure out what i want WAY before i have to purchase anything so im 100% sure.

Thanks ahead of time for all your help!

CJ
scrp1day   +1y
id go suspenion it looks to e like you do your fair share of muding and that would be most beneficial with a suspension lift i would imagine. thats just my opinion based on common sense well my common sense anywa this is in no way based on fact just opinion.
00ranger00   +1y

Yeah i do some muddin. Not a whole lot but i do. Well i have plenty of time to decide.
the twanksta   +1y
Personally id gow ith suspension just for a cleaner look..if I was gonan lift my truck it would def be on air ride still. But just out of curiosity what are the benefits of a body lift except price?
rangerr   +1y
I just did a 3" spindle lift on my 2wd. Looks real nice imo. Bodylifts are a little cheaper but not as safe or useful as suspension lifts. If you need the extra tire clearance go for it. Otherwise I'd go suspension.
tiffany   +1y

agreed 110% heres an idea....why dont you do both?!?!?! wahoo Yes!
daweezi   +1y
haha yea thats the best suggestion, do both of em
00ranger00   +1y
LOL, yeah both woul get plenty of height. But i wont be lifting to 2wd.
the twanksta   +1y
I say you bag it...plenty of height to clear just about any thing! dont know how the hold up in real offroading situations, although i know some rock crawler guys use them...
scrp1day   +1y
bag it for sure im sorry i didnt mention that before bags are also a must have to do bags just for the sound at the least.