Ranger Suspension \  Switch Wiring Help

Switch Wiring Help

Ranger Suspension Ranger Tech
views 771
replies 5
following 4

layin-frame-95   +1y
Okay guys,

I hit a dead animal on the way to work and it broke the connector to my fill valve on the rear of my truck. I am going to rewire the valves, and need some help. I know the basics, and have the diagram for the switches, but I have one question. My question is, the (fill) and the (dump) connectors on the switch have (2) wires going to them, I know that (1) is the power wire from the valve, but what does the other wire go to? Is it from the ground connector from the valve? Hope someone can help. I know that this is probably a easy question to answer, but I am not too familiar w/ the wiring.

Thanx, in advance

Rob
wht01ranger   +1y
it all depends how your valves are wired up

some people like to wire the valves up to where the switches are connected on the hot wire (power/red), and some wire the switches on the ground side (what i did)

either way will work, you have to find out how your valves are wired

from what you said seems like you are talking about wires coming off of the valves themselves, then yes one wire goes to the power and the other is ground...ground it anywhere (frame, bed, fender, etc.)
layin-frame-95   +1y
Wht01Ranger

Thanx for the reply I think you gave me the answer i needed.

Rob

If anybody else has a answer it's more than welcomed.

My valves have (3) prong (1) for power, (1) for ground, and not sure what the third prong is.
baha   +1y

the third prong isn't used

your valves have a power and a ground, but if your asking about the 2 wires each switch one is power in, and the other is power out, so when you flip the switch it connects the power in to power out, and the out put goes to your valves. Alot of switch boxes have multiple wires coming off the switches though because each one is supposed to control certain valves for truck positions like (front up, rear up, rear down, pancake, right side up etc..)

good luck man, should be an easy fix, I would only rewire what ever valve isn't working it could be just a ground wire that came loose, usually thats what it is.
wht01ranger   +1y
yea u dont have to use that 3rd prong

that 3rd prong is if you want to make your valves self grounding....as in if they are mounted to the tank or to the frame via a metal bracket....so what u do is just jump a wire from the negative prong to that 3rd prong, and voila yer valves are grounded....i did my GC's this way for a little bit, then i bought SMC's

it was very useful because i only had to run 1 wire for each valve, saved a lot of mess and money for xtra wires
bodydropped85   +1y
they way mine are wired is the middle prong is hot wire and outside prongs one is fill and one is dump. yes the black wire is a ground or vice versa if they are wired throught the grounds then u havea hot wire ot the valves all the time.
Page 1 of 1