Page 1 of 1
Ranger Suspension \  bagged front/ static rear

bagged front/ static rear

Ranger Suspension Ranger Tech
views 927
replies 7
following 5

jackedup99   +1y
well, i know its not happening anytime soon, but whats the best plan of action to bag the front of a 01 ranger 4x2 xlt?

cups
bags
valves
tank
compressor
air lines
gauges

ok, so whats needed to lay the front?
tranny crossmember
trim the cups

now, should i just start getting parts from Suicide doors? or is there someone that has better prices and good parts?

so, i have the just of things, but theres a reason why i havent just done it already, too afraid theres something im missing and ill mess it up...

so start with the pointers, someone make it sound like i can do it without a doubt...

also, how about that rear? can i lower it more and just throw on a notch (big one, not a cnotch) and just 4link it later?

pics are helpful, specially of running air lines, mounting compressor and tank...

And how do you mount the gauges, does an airline need to come to them? or is there a sensor somewhere else?

lets start with the help
wht01ranger   +1y
well for the front, just get the cups, and someone here should be able to tell you the cup height you need

and as i know, the engine crossmember will lay before the frame will, so you'll have to Z it to lay the frame flat later on...but you can lay engine crossmember for now. you also have to get rid of the inner fenders

as you know, u need the comp, tank, valves, lines, fittings, etc. etc.

about the gauges, if you get a typical mechanical gauge, you do have to run an air line to them, typically ppl use 1/4inch or 1/8th, i ran 1/4th....but a company called Dakota Digital makes digital gauges where you just mount a sensor in your air system and it'll transmit it to the gauge screen...its quite pricey, FakeEdge had one, i think they run around 2-300bones, but they are awesome

you can go ahead and notch the back w/o bagging it, just make sure you place the notches at the right location, pretty much the axle should be centered when it comes up into it

tank placement depends on what you want, you can put it in the bed, between your framerails in the back part of your frame..etc...where ever you want lol
laidout99   +1y
Cup height is simple...get the ones from Jason at S/D.(Suicide Doors) i did not have to trim mine down at all, and you might want to invest in some DJM uppers, worry about the lowers when you get the rear done, but then you have to nocth the lower A-arm perches a tad.....oh yeah..have to notch for the tie rods too...and you can also flip your tie rods 180 degrees and move the end links back 180 to they won't lock out as fast....
jackedup99   +1y
oh, i have DJM upper and lower arms on the truck already
itsarealedgeiswear   +1y
Do you have the big driveshaft? and Do you plan on laying gas tank?
jackedup99   +1y
well, i plan to someday get a 4link and bronco II tank, or fuel cell in the rear

i would really like to lay frame, but anything is a start
laidranger99   +1y
ur also gonna need to relocate the shocks up front as well.. ive got a 99. i got everything from SD.. and about the rear.. i just did mine last week and if u got the big drive shaft ur gonna have to notch the gastank x member and probaly the one underneither your cab. i didnt cause its layin on the tank for now until i get to come back home again and work on it more. i didnt have to cut the cups for the front either and it lays the engine crossmember.

for my gauges i built a center console for them. and your also gonna have to trim the spring pocket out a bit... dont know if anyone has said that.

as for getting all the parts. i just got one of his air managment kits and then boght the 98 and up ranger baggin kit and upgraded so its a bridge kit in the rear. i dont know if i saved much money that way but i know i wish i would have gotten the bags mounted on the bars. its a bumpy ass ride... anyways hope some of this helps..
itsarealedgeiswear   +1y
my fuel pump looks different than the rest of the ranger pumps iv seen so if yours is like mine it wont work in a bronco2 gas tank
Page 1 of 1