Page 1 of 1
Ranger Engine \  fuel leak, any ideas?

fuel leak, any ideas?

Ranger Engine Ranger Tech
views 839
replies 4
following 3

wanna b lower   +1y
Well i got the 1993 ranger out for the summer and noticed a fuel leak. I haven't had much experience with fuel leaks so im not sure where to start. Fuel is leaking straight down the tank from where it looks like the filler neck attaches, but it only leaks while the truck is running, so i dont think its the filler neck, but im not sure. Any ideas? Are there places these tanks normaly leak? Any help would be great.
baha   +1y
Sounds like an easy fix, the fuel pump attaches to the tank around the same spot the filler neck does. Another test you could do is just turn the key and let the pump turn on to build pressure and check for leaks.

Your best bet is to just slide the bed back so you can inspect it better. The bed has 6 T55 bolts, and the wiring harness for the tail lamps attaches toward the rear of the spare tire holder. Also there are 3 screws that attach to the filler heck in the gas filler door. You don't need to take the bed completely off just slide it back.
wanna b lower   +1y
Do those bolt from the top or bottom?
baha   +1y
They bolt from the top, you can access them from inside the bed, 2 will be at the front, and 4 will be towards the rear.

Hopefully they aren't rusted to bad, they are easy to strip.
aftermath95ranger   +1y
and if u do strip one they arent bad to fix they are jus lil clips so u will have to get a new bolt and clip
Page 1 of 1