Ranger Engine \  electrical help

electrical help

Ranger Engine Ranger Tech
views 1097
replies 1
following 2

that1bmxguy06   +1y
95 ranger xlt 4.0
ok theres a fuse box under the hood with a smaller relay box that holds two relays coming out of the same jumble of wires that goes to the fuse box. im thinking its the abs relays. Anyways, when my truck is off these two relays buzz like crazy.. I can put either of the two relays on the left side of the box, and it wont buz, but if i put either in the right side of the box, it starts buzzing, and the truck wont run, it starts but wont keep running. im guessing its obvious somethings wrong with the wiring inside of htatl ittle box, like a prong is touching two wires... but the thing is.. when i put the relay in the left side and put the otehr relay BARELY in the right side, it wont buz, and the truck will start, but if i push the relay in all the way it will start buzzing and the truck will stop running. Any help?

thanks in advance,
Kevin
baha   +1y
Sounds like the relay is going bad, like maybe internally the relay conductors are slightly touching causing the buzzing sound. I'll check my Haynes manual to see what exactly the relays are for this weekend. (It's at my parents house)
Page 1 of 1