Page 1 of 1
Ranger Engine \  1996 motor swaps?

1996 motor swaps?

Ranger Engine Ranger Tech
views 1258
replies 2
following 2

wanna b lower   +1y
Just a couple questions, i just bought a 1996 raner with a blown 2.3 in it and im looking at my choices for engines. I can get a 2.3 turbo out of a thunderbird supercoupe from a friend, will any of the wiring hook up or would i have to change the computer and wiring over? I also have a 1969 v8 302 (Mustang i think) motor, would that be easyer than the 2.3 to change over? What manual transmission would be good for a 302 in a ranger?
baha   +1y
hey man do you have emissions laws where your located? I know in Ga where I live in order to pass with a motor swap, the motor has to be the same year or newer then the model year. Also the motor has to be standard on that model.

Click on the Tech ---> Engine section. There is alot of helpful guys on that area that do their own swaps so they are very knowledgeable and helpful.

Keep us updated!
wanna b lower   +1y
We do have emissions but thy arent that strict about engine swaps, if anyone has any other tips it would help alot. BTW there is a piture of the truck in my garage, its the blue one. Thanks
Page 1 of 1