Page 1 of 1
Ranger Engine \  I dunno why Im thinking about this

I dunno why Im thinking about this

Ranger Engine Ranger Tech
views 1706
replies 6
following 6

oldsklminitrk   +1y
Shit some how in my mind Ive been thinking about buying another daily driver,well reason being I figure I can drop a 302 in this and put the whole mustang drivetrain and interior in it and be able to tow....How hard is this swap over I can get my hands on a mustang now if I need to and cut it up....
wht01ranger   +1y
power wouldn't be your problem definately. might want to re-inforce the frame, box it in all the way back. and def. better brakes. prolly not worth it to make it a tower it being a standard cab light truck.

i've towed jet skiis and a truck with my 01 ranger xcab, neither trailers had brake assist, so it was really hard to stop especially when towing the truck.
scrp1day   +1y
^^ agreed i used to tow a 17' sea ray ad man was braking a bitch! xcab v6. but the 302 sounds bad ass. im sure youll figure something out. just some advice if you get another daily dont make it another mini cuz i can see this happening over and over again!
bodydropped85   +1y
i tow my ranger w/ my ranger, but granted its a fx4 w/ towing package and 4:10 gears. definatly put some helperbags and 4x4 springs in the rear, also an explorer rear end and some drilled/slotted rotors(actully will work when towing to disipate heat) and some really kickass pads.
oldsklminitrk   +1y
I dunno yet its a idea Im kicking around .....I know the interior is probally gona get changed pretty soon but the drietrain might be later and engine.
baha   +1y
hey man truck is looking good, your fast!
itsarealedgeiswear   +1y
I towed shitty trucks with mine it did pretty good even with bald tires and a monsoon, remember when we almost died baha like 5 times!
Page 1 of 1