threads
Page 1 of 1
Ranger Engine \  Explorer....... electrical problem??

Explorer....... electrical problem??

Ranger Engine Ranger Tech
views 1830
replies 8
following 3

dougy_fresh   +1y
alright, i know this is a ranger site, but they are pretty similar and i dont know of any explorer sites......

i am buying an explorer from a friend of mine and the guy he bought it from said that it ran great until they pulled the front clip off and replaced it, and after that it wouldn't start...

are there any wires that they could have accidentally cut or something while the front end was off?

thanks for any help!
dougy_fresh   +1y
forgot to say it is a 93 or 94, he isn't sure
baha   +1y
sounds highly possible it could be one of the ground wires coming off the battery do you have any pics?
dougy_fresh   +1y
not yet, it wont be home untill tomorrow...

will look into it, am hopeing there is nothing terribly messed up, but if there is it wont be THAT bad since i got it pretty cheap, and can stand to put a little money into it....
baha   +1y
sounds almost exactly what happened to me, I had to replace the core support and inner fenders on my daily (it was wrecked pretty bad) I had everything hooked up except the little ground wire that comes off the battery (it bolts to the core support) and it wouldn't start
bodydropped85   +1y
yea check ALLL the grounds, there are proably at least 5 on the core support/inner fenders.
dougy_fresh   +1y
alright, i will make sure to check all the grounds, from what i have heard, the guy my friend bought it from isn't exactly what you would call a mechanic......
bodydropped85   +1y
nice....
dougy_fresh   +1y
aint this a bitch? 2 months to the day since i bought it, my friend finally brought it to me...i have been working on it all day, got the bumper and whatnot stuck back on, interior put back together, and put some gas in it....

tried to start it........

-its not fireing
-the fuel pump isn't pumping

going to check all the fuses tomorrow, looks like there is a storm coming in and i dont want to get soaked (at least any worse than i did when i sweated like a whore in heat)

all of the wireing under the hood looks good except one wire had been cut and twisted back together, so i taped it up good, and another looked like it had been pinched and the wire was exposed, so i taped it up also....

o yah, if it helps (if anyone cares to help me that is) it is a 93 2wd eddie bauer
Page 1 of 1