Page 1 of 2
Ranger Engine \  5.4L Triton v8

5.4L Triton v8

Ranger Engine Ranger Tech
views 2447
replies 12
following 7

95lowtide   +1y
so im at the local junkyard the other day with my room mate and seen a wrecked Expedition with a clean looking 5.4L Triton v8 sitting in it and got to wondering about putting one in my Ranger later on down the road. has anyone here done it? if so, lets see some pics!
xxxxcjxxxx   +1y
haha u c how much of those engine bays those things take up... u wouldnt barely fit your wheels between the fenders and the motor i doubt.. its come upa few times in the past and seems the motor is too wide for our Rangers
exploitedcustoms.com   +1y
I will measure the width of mine in my truck later today. You would have to reinforce the frame up. The extra amount of horse power and torque and weight would be killer.
spngr311   +1y
Definately have to move the fire wall. SVT put that motor into a ranger (from a lightning). Massive amount of work.
tiger   +1y

Yup, it required the use of the L's front suspension (and rear was used as well), boxed frame, a whole new fire wall, a whole new driveline hump inside the cab, and a whole list of other needed work.
95lowtide   +1y
well damn. there goes that idea...LOL. thanks for the responses all
scrp1day   +1y
i can only imagine all the re-enforcement needed for that. what id like to see is the triton v-10 in a ranger. that would absolutely nuts!
spngr311   +1y
Actually, I want a small diesel. I wonder what's available. I know they used to make a diesel ranger way back when, but I'd rather have a newer one - I'd love to put one in one of the overseas diesels
tiger   +1y
Ford doesn't have a USDM small diesel, but Benz and VW do. I think those may be the only two that have sold diesels in smaller displacements here in the past 5 or so years.
scrp1day   +1y
the jetta tdi diesel wiould fit real easy just from the looks of it.