Page 1 of 1
Ranger Engine \  5.0 in a bodydropped ranger

5.0 in a bodydropped ranger

Ranger Engine Ranger Tech
views 1290
replies 3
following 3

loweredtillidie   +1y
I'm wantin to put a 5.0 in my ranger that i'm gonna be building a new frame for. I'm plannin on running a mustang II front suspension if that matters and also 20 inch wheels. I'm wandering what all needs to be done to complete the swap and what mods i'll have to do
loweredtillidie   +1y
someone has to have some info on this. I know i'll need a new tranny and rear end. Wheres the best place to get engine mounts or should i just make my own? Someone shed some light on this for me. I'm in the process of savin up the money and makin the plans to start this by mid summer
96rangerxlt   +1y
got alot of different things you need to think about. yes, you will need to replace the tranny. you can run either a manual or auto, whatever your preference is, but each willl have its own advantages and disadvantages. for the motor, you want to run carbureted or fuel injected? carb is quick and easy but will prob not pass emissions. fuel injection should pass, but requires alot more effort. if you have a 7.5" rearend, you could either spend some cash to strengthen it (depending on how powerful you build the motor) or just swap in a 8.8. plus, 8.8 upgrades are fairly cheap and easy to find on mustang sites. if you are building a frame, go ahead and build motor mounts too. check out the issue of minitruckin' from a few months back when they built the ones for mike's yota. they are sick. there are a million more things you will have to do to bodydrop your ranger, on 20's on a new frame and swap in a V8. this doesn't even touch the tip of the iceberg.
oldsklminitrk   +1y
AHHHHHHHHHH well your just in luck I have been researching this,Lemme get my notes I got together and see if I can shed some light apon this
Page 1 of 1