threads
Page 1 of 1
Ranger Engine \  still got fuel tank probs...

still got fuel tank probs...

Ranger Engine Ranger Tech
views 1336
replies 6
following 4

tiger   +1y
I had my CEL checked, turns out it was for a "fuel level sensor error", anyone know exactly what that means? I'm confident none of the wires are crossed, but would the wire I added be throwing the sensor/GEM out of whack from the increased resistance?

Also, has anyone extended the pick up tube? I haven't even looked at it yet, but my new tank is taller then the old and I want to make sure I get as much gas from it as I can.

One last thing...can you buy the spin-ring that holds the fuel pump into the tank from Ford? Mine cracked trying to reinstall it and I needs a new one.
96rangerxlt   +1y
I'm not sure if you can buy the snaplock ring or not. I know they can be a pain to put in. James will know where to get one and if you can buy one for sure. If you can't, Ill try to find the half of my stock tank that had the ring in it. I might still have it somewhere but im not really sure. The shop is so scattered with ranger parts im not sure what all me and James have in there.
baha   +1y
If it was for the fuel level sensor couldn't that be just from being low on fuel, does your truck have a "Check Gauge" Light?
tiger   +1y
It does have a check gage light, and it's not on. I also had about half a tank of gas when the CEL came on.
bodydropped85   +1y
yea u can buy the ring, i think. did you extend the tank pump ground also? there are2 grounds, one for the pump, one for hteassembly.
tiger   +1y
I extended all four wire, both grounds, power, and sender leads.

I think I'm just gonna go with an aftermarket sender and gauge....was going to in the future anyway.
bodydropped85   +1y
did you solder the wires or use butt connectors? the ohmage could be wrong...
Page 1 of 1