Page 1 of 2
Ranger Engine \  FUCK. Ford A4LD,4R44E, *5R55E*

FUCK. Ford A4LD,4R44E, *5R55E*

Ranger Engine Ranger Tech
views 2744
replies 10
following 7

itsarealedgeiswear   +1y
Well my 02 ranger that Iv had since new just hit 50,000 and like I expected my French made bastard child tranny of the A4LD has started acting up. Pulled up the P0733 code the O/D light flashes like a strobe light from hell.
Anybody else have a prob like this.

02- 4.0sohc 5speed auto

P0733 = Incorrect 3rd Gear Ratio

I think ill buy a GMC next
hotboxd   +1y
good idea. if you like having stuff fuck up on you.
bodydropped85   +1y
thats y i got a 5spd. trie pullin the battery and gettin rid of the code. also ucehck the fluid? 3 gear solinoid could have went out.
baha   +1y
have you taken it to a transmission place yet? I think mine didn't go out until it hit around 90,000 miles but it always surged in between 4th gear and over drive
layingframe89   +1y
that suck man and since they are so new im sujre they aint cheap to work on.
maybe after u get the fluid changed it will work better or maybe if it is the 3rd gear siliniod it wont be a problem because then it wont have to be overhauled
itsarealedgeiswear   +1y
I called a guy today and he knew what I was talking about before I could tell him, gotta have the valve body reworked which isnt that bad so that and a tranny flush is going to run me around 350. Better than a new tranny.
layingframe89   +1y
yeah thats a hell of a price
wht01ranger   +1y
sohc's are over rated anyway, get u the new DOHC Briggs and Stratton, comes with the heavy duty centrifugal clutch too, and 2 speed superduperglide tranny

but naw, the white ranger tranny starting to act up too, my mazda can hold an idle better than the ranger and the ranger is shifting really hard now, no CEL's or anything tho, go figure
bodydropped85   +1y
thats y i got a 5spd and 6 year power train warranty :LOL:
itsarealedgeiswear   +1y
well it was only $336.00 so it wasnt that bad and a got a tranny flush while I was at it, the gasket on the valve body blew out in 3 spots so I got a upgraded version put on and a few key things, then me and the guy laughed about how its still the same ol A4LD piece of shit transmisson,

Thank you Ford for not fixing a bad Idea some 20 years in the making.