Page 1 of 2
Ranger Engine \  egr valve

egr valve

Ranger Engine Ranger Tech
views 3013
replies 12
following 4

scrp1day   +1y
so how hard is this i looked it uo in my haynes manual and it didnt look too hard just wonderin if anyone else has done it.
bodydropped85   +1y
what motor? 4.0s can be a pain. mine went inthe trash lol
scrp1day   +1y
3.0 and are you saying its an unnecessary part? if it gives me better mileage lemme know!
bodydropped85   +1y
yea well i can get away w/ it on my 85 since its computer is less smart than yours lol. na there not to hard.
scrp1day   +1y
so i gotta keep it huh? one more question about it. i found like 4 different ones on the napa website ranging form 25 to 105 bucks does it really matter? ill post alink in a little bit
scrp1day   +1y
heres all of them

and this is the one i think im gonna get

i figure ill get the pcv valve and gasket as well just to be on the safe side and save some time and money in the furture. should this be all i need?
bodydropped85   +1y
get the part number off yours if u dont it wont do right.hell my 92 3.0 didnt even have it. is it throwin a code? if its a egr insuffeiciant code then its more than likly the DPFE sensor.is your dpfe sensor a cast aluminum or plastic one?it looks like this(not exact but youll knwo it when u see it)
mark98xlt   +1y
my 98 has aluminum one, and its throwing code 401, insuffiencet flow or some bullshit havent had time to replace it yet but for a replacement one with a gasket tis like 50 bucks at autozone
scrp1day   +1y
yeah im gettin 401 and insufficient flow. so thats the dpfe huh? ok ill start pricin that out.
mark98xlt   +1y

autozone told me it was the egr, but from what i read on rps even if it is the egr you might still throw the code so you might as well just replace both the egr and dpfe at the same time to saave yourself the time and hassle of doing it twice. Sucks dont it lol Id clear the light itd go like 5 days and as soon as I got on the highway coming home always at the same spot on the highway my check engine light would come on lol. It did that 3 times kind freaked me out lol