Page 1 of 1
Ranger Engine \  SOHC 4.0L engine swap into an 01

SOHC 4.0L engine swap into an 01

Ranger Engine Ranger Tech
views 1606
replies 9
following 5

hotboxd   +1y
anyone know how hard it would be to swap an SOHC 4.0L into an 01 with a 2.5L? i assume i need the engine, tranny, computer, but what else? will it fit? i assumed it would, but didn't know if i'd have to move anything around.

any input is greatly appreciated.
hotboxd   +1y
damnit. someone help a nigga out.
xxxxcjxxxx   +1y
Yes it would fit. Do you have any experience in oing a motor swap?

You will need the Motor, ECU, Wiring harness, Computer, Tranny, Radiator, and almost everything you can see under the hood
wht01ranger   +1y
it'd be a lot easier for you to swap a SOHC into a 98-00 4.0 with the 5spd...would be way easier, you'll have the tranny already, all you do is swap motor...a guy did it before and he actually used the OHV 4.0 computer and it ran the SOHC fine he claims, he's in RPS..and he just recently joined Acrophobia...i frogot his damn rps name though Ranger2000SVT or someshit, nice clean truck too
hotboxd   +1y
yeah i think it's ranger2000svt. i'm tight with him. he's the first person i asked about it and of course he had no idea either.

and cj:

i dunno if these count as motor swaps:

400 bb into a 79 nova ss
440 into a 71 cuda
289 and then a 302 into my mom's 67 drop top stang

all carbed, but then again i am a computer technician, so i'm not too fearful of anything with wires.

so, do they?
mark98xlt   +1y
Im guessing new motor mounts to.
hotboxd   +1y
aha.
xxxxcjxxxx   +1y

a response along the lines of yes i have done a few such as... wouldnt have sounded so cocky but ya they do sound like you know more then most... how many people have asked how to swap in a 5.0 without even knowing how to change their own oil! just had to make sure, you know
hotboxd   +1y
i hear ya. i don't think i want to do a 5.0 swap just because of the work. i would rather have an s/c'd 4.0 than a 5.0 because of the ease. it might not be easy, but it ain't gonna be a v8 swap!

and those aren't really that cocky because they're all engines that were meant to fit anything really (of the same make). they were swaps per se, but something tells me my first EFI swap will be something of a menace...
itsarealedgeiswear   +1y

Its all a pain in the ass, even just swapping out the same engine espically since that fuel injection bullshit, Just dont give up.
Page 1 of 1