Page 1 of 1
Ranger Engine \  need aftermarket fuel pump for 00

need aftermarket fuel pump for 00

Ranger Engine Ranger Tech
views 746
replies 4
following 2

rangerdrgnonyou   +1y
I need to know what kind of fuel pump I can run (that is resonably priced) that will work on my 00 3.0v6 that is in my 89 ranger.

Heres the problem I've ran into. The stock motor runs at 65psi as I've been informed and its a returnless system.

Well I have a MSD fuel pump that is capable of running at 65psi at around 14.5-15 volts. But the problem is the pump is made for a return style fuel system and the guys at MSD told me I would be replacing the pump every month or 2 which I don't really want to do.

Heres another small snag though...I don't know if it really matters or not though. I have a fuel flex motor. Which means it can run on corn oil too...ha ha....And the only listing for a stock pump is around $400 and I'm not paying that much for a stock pump.

The non-fuel flex stock pump for a 126" wheelbase ranger is about $300 dollars cheaper. Now I don't know if I can run that pump or not because its a fuel flex. I don't know if the pumps are different for the stupid fuel flex motors for the stupid ethenol or what not.

I never plan on using ethenol so if I can just use a stock pump off of a non fuel flex truck I will.

Kinda long and confussing...but if you've had to deal with the stupid fuel system in any kind of way you will prolly have a idea of what I'm talking about.....
bodydropped85   +1y
well since the fuel fileter has to plugs ont eh back of it, try runnin that one as a return...
rangerdrgnonyou   +1y
That is a return.

But since the motor doesn't have a return line coming off of the fuel rails the motor is considered to be a returnless.
bodydropped85   +1y
yea thats gay if its the return hook it up like it is..
rangerdrgnonyou   +1y
I would hook it up like it is but I have no clue where the stock fuel tank is to use that fuel pump...my truck was at a shop and my fuel tank ended up missing...I didn't realize at the time that the fuel flex pump was so f*cking expensive.
Page 1 of 1