Page 1 of 1
Ranger Engine \  exhaust question

exhaust question

Ranger Engine Ranger Tech
views 673
replies 1
following 2

tuckin eh   +1y
k guys I'm in need of all new exhaust from the Y pipe back. i need new cats for my upcomming e test, my tailpipe just rotted and fell of of my rotten flowmaster. so I'm gonna use two high flow cats that i had sitting around from a previous truck, get some 2.5" pipe and upgrade my pipe size, then get a new flowmaster 40 series. gonna run my pipe above the frame too, (it hits when i lay it out).
Question is. since I'm puttin all this crap on and I'm running aftermarket cats, what size is the flange comming off the Y pipe. I know it's a funky shape going right to the first cat. (any of you with a 4.0L should know how stupid of a design it is). I gotta make some sort of flange to bolt it on to and was wondering if any has done this or knew of a place I could locate the proper flange. or even if someone has the dimmensions. also I was wondering are those two cats or is one just a resonator. and if it is which one comes first the cat or the resonator?
bodydropped85   +1y
a pic would help out ur best bet is prob gettin a muffler shop just to custom makeit. i know when i did my 3.0(same flange it hink) i just made some pipe an oval shape and mate it fit the flange and welded it on there.
Page 1 of 1