Page 1 of 2
Ranger Engine \  turbo tech?

turbo tech?

Ranger Engine Ranger Tech
views 1411
replies 11
following 7

scrp1day   +1y
so just wondering for a far in the future reference but uh how much would it take to turbo charge a 3.0 v6 like work/ money wise
bodydropped85   +1y
to much. have toh ave custom manifolds made plust all the turbo stuff engine built for boost custom engine manage ment system blah blah blah.
scrp1day   +1y
wow sounds super expensive. so it would be beter to just buy an engine that already is turbo charged like maybe an eclipse engine or something?
spngr311   +1y
You'd be better off getting a 4-cylinder engine from another ranger (or other vehicle that had the same engine).

The 3.0 is not easy to turbo for Ranger due to the lack of room for all the manifolds. There's been a few turbo'd 3.0's, but those are in Probes. Personally, I don't know of any turbo'd 3.0 Rangers.

You'd might even be better off with a v8 swap!
scrp1day   +1y
ive thought about the 8 but i like the performance from a turbo charged engne more believe it or not and an 8 is just too much and the weight factor. suprisingly the only thing that isnt stoping me for an 8 is the gas its just a personal preference. the sound of a blow of valve is like music to my ears.
daweezi   +1y
im with you my friend, id much rather have a turbo 4cylinder than a v8
baha   +1y
speaking of that I am selling a 2.3l you can turbo charge, with transmission for 100
scrp1day   +1y
hows the block on it?
baha   +1y
its good, the motor turns fine, I have the complete engine including the wiring harness everything, It just isn't hooked up to a truck anymore are you interested? I can post some pictures
tiger   +1y
block? screw that...hows the bottom end and valve train...lol.

I'm not sure if I like a turbo-4 better then a V8....just something about punching the gas on a V8 and moving right now...not a few thousand RPM from now...BUT, with that said, I'm really, really hoping my next car will be a turbo-4...with a 6-speed, RWD, RHD....oh the goodness of it all.