threads
Page 1 of 1
Ranger Engine \  layed truck out with wheels turned, what did I break?

layed truck out with wheels turned, what did I break?

Ranger Engine Ranger Tech
views 1267
replies 9
following 7

tuckin eh   +1y
k well i was dumb enough to let my buddy show off my truck to some guys and he layed my truck out with the front wheels cranked by accident. well i just noticed today that the thing that's clipped into the heater box has cracked off along with a big piece of the heater box along the bottom. what is it and what does it do? it's got like coils inside then the electrical connector clips to it. i know I can glass the heater box to fix it but am not sure when i'll have the time. but for know what does that thing do? and what will I be losing control of? I checked and it has no effect on my A/C. only I'm getting engine bay air in my truck now dammit from the gaping hole in the fan box.
the twanksta   +1y
that really sucks man, i prob wouldnt let my friends play with my switches once i get bags...too much to risk.
truckwillscrape   +1y
WERD!!!! I will be slappin some hands away from my switches i can't stand for ppl to get in my pass seat when i'm standing right there i'm always afraid they will mess something up
daweezi   +1y
yea, when i get my truck bagged eventually i think im goin to hide the switches or integrate them into the dash some how...not have a big box...thats just inviting someone to touch it
the twanksta   +1y
Or you can do that pimp power switch on the switch box itself like ricky at Why Not Fab.

thread post photo
baha   +1y

Thats a realy good idea, I was going to do that if I ever ran a switch box, I just ran mine to my factory door lock switch, hide your switches
daweezi   +1y
that power switch idea is bad ass
itsarealedgeiswear   +1y
Its the rheostat for the fan controls, depending on what speed you choose is how much resistance those coils will have, make sure none of the coils are touching each other when you put it back or you will not get your full range of fan speed. I did something like this on mine when I blew a airline out and my 20 went into the box, I just patched the hole with some actual metal duct tape not the gray crap and went on my way its been working fine and it was a quick fix. Hope this helps.
tuckin eh   +1y
lol sweet my buddy just suggested duct tape to me as well. my fan still had a good range on if from my test of the a/c showed me. thanks man, appreciate it. as fore the not letting friends hit switches. he has a bagged truck and hits his own switches. just a dumb out of the blue blunder on his part. no real biggie. I usually don't let anyone hit my switches tho. my girlfriend does once in a while just to keep her happy lol
scrp1day   +1y
hey baha with the switch at the door lock you only have front to back motion then right?
Page 1 of 1