Page 1 of 2
Ranger Engine \  gas mileage

gas mileage

Ranger Engine Ranger Tech
views 2310
replies 12
following 8

daweezi   +1y
just wonderin what are some good ways to improve gas mileage? are there any small mods besides intake and muffler that you can do to improve mpg? are there certain spark plugs or anything else that may help? holla
itsarealedgeiswear   +1y
Inflate your tires properly get a good alignment and take your foot off the gas, ease into the throttle like your stepping on a egg you wont look cool but youll save some money.
Just make sure you have good clean spark plugs and a clean airfilter, most of the time when you alter factory things like mufflers and intakes you may think your getting horsepower cause it says so on the box but the computer is calibrated for all your factory crap so when you mess that up everything else gets compromised and youll be burning more gas. Sorta like you cant have your cake and eat it too senerio a bed cover will help a little but for the cost of one compared to what you will save you could buy gas for 3 years I think.
Leaving the tailgate down will help but someone will prob rearend you and mess it up. But thats life. Well Good Luck and always buy a Tornado intake air spinner cause they work like magic.

Later
daweezi   +1y
thanx man
infernoford   +1y
I was reading a study done and it showed that it was better to leave the gate up than down. the air traped in the bed creates a bubble and acts like a bed cover of sorts.
spngr311   +1y

I read that same study in two places. Leaving the tailgate down for mileage reasons is an old-redneck myth.
bodydropped85   +1y
yes it is. daweezi what kind of mileage u gettin? i was gettin 20/26 in my modded out 3.0 in my 92, and i get about 15.7 in my 4.0 SOHC 5sd. i used to get about 25/31 in my 85...
daweezi   +1y
right now ive been gettin anywhere between 24-25, only thing modded is the muffler but i just got a good bit of maintanence done so it may improve,just tryin to get the best mpg possible
wht01ranger   +1y
man wtf stop complaining with 25....my mazda gets about that and your ranger will smoke my mazda haha

atleast you can go 80 without worring about oil splurting out
daweezi   +1y
haha that is true, im just tryin to pinch some pennies playa
scrp1day   +1y
fake do you have a tornado? and if so what engine is it on cuz i got barraded by my brother when i was gonna buy one just looking for another opinion.