threads
Page 1 of 1
Ranger Engine \  4.0L to a 5.0 is it worth it???

4.0L to a 5.0 is it worth it???

Ranger Engine Ranger Tech
views 1094
replies 7
following 6

lexaniranger   +1y
hey everyone i was possibly considering doing an engine swap on my 94 i currently have the 4.0 in there with some basic mods done but if i were to switch to the 5.0 motor would it make a huge difference i guess what im askin is would the gains be worth all the work???
itsarealedgeiswear   +1y
depends on which 5.0 and how good you are working on vehicles, you will always have problems with it and its a pain to put in on a normal truck. The v-8 rumble and torque are very nice but my 4.0 will outrun the old mustang 5.0 I had it just dosent feel as fast. Torque is a beautiful thing.
framedraggin94   +1y
well worth it!!its very easy to put in,it just getting the parts to swap..i have a fairly stock 5.0h.o. in mine and it screams!it was so easy im about to do it to my 00 ranger.
baha   +1y
hey do you have any more pics of yours framdraggin94? What do your motor mounts look like?

Fake did you finish raheems yet?
framedraggin94   +1y
i used mustang vert mounts,just drill 2 holes on the crossmember and bolt the mounts in!theres a lil more to it but its very easy!the hardest part is pulling the moter in and out.u wanna slot the holes a lil also for adjustment.o wait!!!the hard part was the pass.side bolt on the mount!becuse of the ibeam,gotta take it off.

theres a link to my site..not very helpful though
framedraggin94   +1y

thats of the pass.side mount,dont mind the first pics of the motor in,there the wrong mounts
layingframe89   +1y
did he finish my truck no!

we have been working on it but there is just alot of shit that has to be done and yeah it cost alot to do a swap i found that out fast.

but it pretty much almost done just alot of little things
dirty   +1y
im getting ready to do mine
in the proces of collecting parts for it
Page 1 of 1