Page 1 of 1
Ranger Engine \  Check Engine Light?

Check Engine Light?

Ranger Engine Ranger Tech
views 1435
replies 8
following 4

the twanksta   +1y
Hey guys just recently, my check engine light started coming on. It only does it when I sit and idle, after a few seconds it starts idling really rough(not sure if its misfiring or something else) and it also does it when i take off. Its kinda like a soft popping sound and you can feel the truck stop pushing...ne body know off the top of their head what it could be?? i took it to advance but for some reason their code reader wouldnt work on my truck, and yes they had the right reader(the obd1).THANKS!
baha   +1y
take it to autozone try to find someone that can read the codes, have you ever replaced the oxygen sensor? and how many miles do you have
the twanksta   +1y
i took to autozone already and for some reason their reader wouldnt pick up my computer codes. Im not sure if the o2 sensor has ben replaced or when the last time it was replaced. And i have a nice 143,--- on the motor.lol. i just didnt want to go buying parts that I didnt need, but I need to fix it soon cause i think it is getting worse everyday. It doesnt actually stall yet though, just idles like its about to.
baha   +1y
yea sounds like something a bad 02 sensor would cause, unplug it and see if it makes a difference, if it doesn't then chances are it needs replaced
the twanksta   +1y
Could the o2 sensor be causing the misfiring when I am driving, normally only does it under torque. It just started doing it real bad once my check light started coming on, so I am assuming an hoping its all linked together.
bodydropped85   +1y
could be lots of things get the code and ill know what u need.
the twanksta   +1y
Im taking her in this coming Mon. Getting it checked out and fixed and switching over to synthetic while I am at it. Hopefully the problem isnt too big...
itsarealedgeiswear   +1y
prob the spark plugs, if there fouled up then itll seem like a whole bunch of problems, that or a coil pack and other shit.
the twanksta   +1y
I unplugged the o2 sensor, made it idle lower and even worse than before so Im guessing that is not the problem..hopefully my problem isnt too expensive!
Page 1 of 1