threads
Page 1 of 2
Ranger Engine \  Does the 93-97 Rangers have (ABS) brakes?

Does the 93-97 Rangers have (ABS) brakes?

Ranger Engine Ranger Tech
views 3121
replies 16
following 9

blackranger93   +1y
I'm just wandering b/c it has the light on the dash but it never comes on.
bodydropped85   +1y
it just has RABS(rear abs) half the time it dont work anyways. they didnt start havin front abs till 97 ish.
dirty   +1y
my 93 has it on the rear but thats it
the twanksta   +1y
Yeaeh my 94 ranger hjas it on the rear only too. The one time my light came on is when i would hit the brakes kinda hard it would come and then id have to turn the truck off to get it off. Later on i took it in just to find out i had low brake fluid...
daweezi   +1y
im pretty sure i got it in the front and back
baha   +1y
I know mine has it but its a 96
blackranger93   +1y
Well i'm wandering what messing up my steering. When accelerating the truck shakes real bad from the rear, I checked the tires and their okay. And when is been raining alot the truck begins to vear to the right, and if I put on brakes it goes to the left.(all hapenning when the truck gets hot which isnt very LONG, or its been raining)
dirty   +1y
the shaking from the rear could be cause by loose u bolts or pinion angle being off.
do you have any kind of suspension mods?

the front not sure. my old gen 1 used to do that and i would have it aligned but the next time i hit the brakes hard it would doit all over again. so i just got used to it
johnny5   +1y
you could have a sticking brake caliper up front causing you to verr to the right or left
blackranger93   +1y
well went for a ride tody and on they way down there everything was perfect but on the way back it started to do it so I pulled into a parking lot and put on brakes then pulled off and I noticed that the brakes are not disengaging, when changing gears it took a lil longer than its supose to. So tomaroow its going to the ford place b/c thats the only people I really trust w/ it, I usually do all the oil changes and stuff myself but this is a little bit more complex...

btw: the suspinsion is all stock never done anything to it. And where is the brake fluid thing at and can I check it? I've never had any problem like this