Page 1 of 1
Ranger Engine \  goin from fi to carb

goin from fi to carb

Ranger Engine Ranger Tech
views 1023
replies 7
following 4

loweredtillidie   +1y
Hey guyz, i'm new here and will have pics of my ranger up asap. It's currently under construction when i bought it was bd'd and bagged, but i'm redoin everything. My ? is it's a 93 with fuel injection and i wanna go to a carb. It's a 2.3 liter and i'd like to stay wit the 4 cylinder so i don't have to change tranny's whats the best way to do this. I'm kinda short on my money but i've been lookin for another engine or what all do i have to do to make my engine carbed?? Thanx in advance for any help

Dustin
tiger   +1y
I'm thinkin' the only thing you'll really need is a new intake, carb set-up, and various lines and such to conenct it all. I'm not sure if the ignition systems are any different, but as long as both use traditional distributors, you should be OK there.
infernoford   +1y
you will probably need a fuel pump for a carb motor also. The FI pump will put out to much psi (i.e. 40psi instead of like 7 psi that the carb needs)
bodydropped85   +1y
hmm lets see. get a 80s model d port lower intake manifold, a 4 barrel carb adapter, and a low pressure pump, block off the injector ports and u should be good to go.
loweredtillidie   +1y
hey thanx for the info bodydropped, i love your truck by the way i've checked it out many times on streetsource. Do you have any ideas on where to get a good intake and fuel pump?
bodydropped85   +1y
intake for FI or carb? im fixin to do mine over to carb so watch otu for a tech article soon. also u need to change ur DIS to distributor w/ dura spark II ignition... best bet would to find a carbd motor and just build ya one.
loweredtillidie   +1y
i was told that a intake off a 85 will work, have you heard this before? If this is true, couldn't ya jus go and find a good intake off of one at a junkyard and then get the carb, carb kit, fuel pump and distributor? Also does the over head cam have any effect on this?
bodydropped85   +1y
no there all overhead cam BUT ur 93 is a roller cam w/ 8 plugs were as minei s a hydrulic w/ 4 plugs. ur best bet is getting a carb'd motor from the jyard, and build it on the stand then put it in and hav some power to. u need to check and see if ur 93 has the DIST hole cuz if it dont ull have ot get an older block. if it does ull have ot change the intermediat shaft on the middle timing gear.
Page 1 of 1