Page 1 of 1
Ranger Engine \  95 RANGER IDLE PROB

95 RANGER IDLE PROB

Ranger Engine Ranger Tech
views 909
replies 5
following 4

fiasco   +1y
ITS BODYDROPED SO I'M MISSIN HALF MY ENGINE BUT ALL MY SENSORS ARE RUNNING. NO TROUBLE CODES ON THE SCANNER BUT MY EVAC. WHEN I CRUISE DOWN THE ROAD AND SHIFT OUT OF GEAR LIKE WHEN I STOP. IT WONT IDLE DOWN TILL I COMPLETELY STOP. I IDLES FINE SITTTIN OR WHEN I REV IT UP. WTF
DANIEL --ENDLESS
infernoford   +1y
any trouble when you shift gears?
bodydropped85   +1y
change ur idle air control valve should be on the back of the throttle body.check for vacum leaks also.
cobra_b2   +1y
How long has it done that? The VSS will keep the rpm's a little higher while the vehicle is moving because it's anticipating a change in gears/clutch engagement. This is built in to reduce shock loads on the drivetrain. I know alot of stang guys that eliminate it because of the hanging idle. If its always done that, which most EFI 5 speeds Ive driven do that, its the VSS. Otherwise like James said, check that and possibly yout TPS voltage. If thats out of whack itll hang but it wont really idle worth a shit neither.
bodydropped85   +1y
my 92 3.0 did the same thing. changed the IAC and put a new rubber plug on the intake i had on there(home made out of a civic and powerstroke tube) and it idled just dam good from then on out.
fiasco   +1y
I CANT FIND ANY LEAKS, IT SHIFTS FINE EXCEPT WHEN DOWN SHIFTING FROM 5-4
THEN IT BINDS UP BECAUSE OF THE RPMS.
I WILL CHECK THE VSS NEXT. THANKS FOR THE INFO.
Page 1 of 1