Page 1 of 2
Ranger Engine \  Muffler ???

Muffler ???

Ranger Engine Ranger Tech
views 1525
replies 10
following 8

ratical   +1y
Looking for a good sounding muffler for a 4 cylinder Ranger. Dont want anything to loud or raspy. What do yall have. How do Turbos sound on 4 cyls? Thanks
daweezi   +1y
any muffler for the most part wont be to loud on a 4 cyl ranger, if you plan on baggin your truck you wanna go with the smallest muffler with a turndown, i will probably buy one of the glasspack mufflers from summit racing, their cheap yet sound pretty decent, at least on baha's truck
baha   +1y
yea daweezis right if your bagging it, get a tube style muffler, it will save you lots of room underneath. I have a thrush "cherry bomb" on mine and it sounds almost like my spin tech did. Unfortunetely it will always sound like a 4cyl mane.
daweezi   +1y
lol thats true, the only way to get a 4 cyl to sound like something else is to swap the beast
bodydropped85   +1y
yea listen to my truck its loud as piss ihave a glass pack on mine(burnt out tho) soon as i sell the daily im puttin the borla on it.
mrrngr94   +1y
Like I say on all these exhaust threads, go to Autozone and pick yourself up a Cherry Bomb Turbo II muffler. It's not a glasspack. It's like a generic Flowmaster and costs about $15.
bodydropped85   +1y
actually turbo mufflers have the insides more of a stock muffler then they do of a flow master.
xxxxcjxxxx   +1y
i'm rockin a Flowmaster Origional 40 Series dumped b4 the axle on my 4.0L
cvp88ranger   +1y
i had a 40 series flowmaster on my 2.3 and it sounded pretty sweet.
ratical   +1y
like MrRng94 said. I went with a turbo and a 2.25 pipe straight from the header. It sounds great but will probal have alot of cabin noise well see tomorow. Thanks for the help yall.