Page 1 of 1
Mazda Engine Swaps \  Kia sportage head custom intake for carb

Kia sportage head custom intake for carb

Mazda Engine Swaps Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 1494
replies 7
following 4

missed.a.leter   +1y
So like the title says i want to do the kia head swap but dont want to do fuel injection. What kinda math do i have to do to figure out how long/big and what curve to create an intake for my 32/36 to go on? Does anyone know this? I realize i might have to do some jetting with that puticuler carb. But i have alot of fabrication experience and access to a plasmacam to blow both of the mounting plates so it shouldn't be a problem building it im just wondering if i can just build it or is there some serious math involved that i need to know. Any imput would be appreciated!
missed.a.leter   +1y
Another question is what would i do with the ignition? The kia motors have coil packs... Would this require all the little sensors that the fuel injection has? At that point i should just go fuel injection huh....
befarrer   +1y
You would need a way to control a distributor-less ignition, maybe MSD makes a controller for that, but you would probably have to use LS1 coils, and make your own pickup. If you are doing all that work, may as well keep the EFI too. If you do that, then you can keep the stock sensors and use the stock ECU, and have better driveability, fuel economy, etc...
missed.a.leter   +1y
Darn! Isnt the kia intake to big for a 2200 hood? I dont like the 2600 hoods.
tucknrimmaz   +1y
Kia head swap onto a stock FE block? CANT BE DONE Read this------->http://www.solomiata.com/FE3.html
missed.a.leter   +1y
Ugghh why do you guys have to rain on my parade! I was excited to do that. Well rotary it is...
nlsolja123   +1y
I have a lower intake and 4 carbs that can bolt on. Only thing that needs is plug the injector Hoke's. Which is easy. For the ignition. You can try to fit a 36-1 wheel and use the Ford edis4 but it will stay locked at 10* timing. Maybe you can adjust with a msd... or megajolt, it controls ignition only.
Page 1 of 1