threads
Page 1 of 1
Mazda Engine Swaps \  What kind of swap?

What kind of swap?

Mazda Engine Swaps Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 1052
replies 9
following 3

squidlips   +1y
I love the 2.6FI they just have one problem... There so slow. What kind of swap are people here doing? I'm new to engine swaps so I want something beginners level.
baha   +1y
Fe3 seems pretty popular, here's a pretty good thread on a Miata swap. - http://www.mazdabscene.com/threads/34441
squidlips   +1y
Was thinking something carbed (less fussing about with ECUs) seems easier though as I said I've never swapped an engine so.
baha   +1y
Have you ever done any metal fabrication/welding?
squidlips   +1y
Loads for custom fab and welding on bumpers, suspention, exhaust things like that
H8R-MKR   +1y
I am putting an svo 2.3 in mine. Have it already is just the time to do it. Check out your local jdm shop as they have engine trans combos with wiring harness. Nissan rb20/rb25. The toyota 22re is a sweet combo and can see 250hp with cam...webbers...etc. minitruckin did a build on one years ago I believe. They are small and very reliable plus tons of aftermarket
squidlips   +1y
I was wondering about a 4.3 V6 out of a GMC? Or something to the tune of 6 cylinders????
H8R-MKR   +1y
If you google hot rod magazine 4.3 build a smile will come to your face. It's basically a 350 minus 2 cylinders so the performance capability is there. The only issue might be height as the mazda front end isnt as tall as the s10
squidlips   +1y
H8R-MKR I did the googling you suggested... I love you.
H8R-MKR   +1y
Youtube .....NRE 4.3......or nelson racing engine 4.3. Crazy power to be had if ur a never enough kind of person
Page 1 of 1