Page 1 of 1
Mazda Lowering Static \  egr help please

egr help please

Mazda Lowering Static Mazda Suspension Mazda Tech
views 982
replies 2
following 2

kimballs   +1y
I have a vacuum leak on my Mazda b2200 93 2.2l. I have no idea on how to find it, I did some research online and came to the conclusion that it was the egr valve that was stuck so I cleaned it with carb cleaner. nothing happened, it still runs like turd. I want to delete the egr and all emissions with it. Ive seen the forums on here that have good emissions removal info. but the tubes that lead from the exh manifold that go to the reed valves idk how to clog them up. should I buy a header? and if so should I remove the o2 sensor or keep it? pics and details would be much appreciated. thanks guys
Cusser   +1y
Keep the O2 sensor, just to plug up the hole it would leave. Add Weber carb, get rid of those reed valve PAIR tubes. For a few years I had rubber stoppers in the rubber hoses, eventually I just removed them. I used cap-style wheel lugs to cap the four fittings on the exhaust side, and I made a simple block off plate and slipped that in to block off the twin tubing. And I made an EGR block off plate too; but I forgot to add an "ear" with a hole in it for the Weber spring, so someday I'll make a new one for that.

I've had the genuine Redline Weber 32/36 DGEV for a decade now on my '88 B2200. Even my old aftermarket cruise control works with it.
kimballs   +1y
Thanks cusser, that's exactly what I needed to know.
Page 1 of 1