Page 1 of 1
Mazda Lowering Static \  Truck Bed replacement

Truck Bed replacement

Mazda Lowering Static Mazda Suspension Mazda Tech
views 1804
replies 5
following 6

somoteitbe   +1y
Anyone know what truck beds are easily swapped out on a 86 b2000 lx. will an S10 bed of similar size work with little modifications? never removed a bed before but it may be easier than repairing the damage on the current one
sincitylocal   +1y
Chevy and Mazda are not the same. The body lines may look similar, but it will look stupid if you find a way to put an S10 bed on your Mazda.
alittlelow   +1y
U should try ur local junkyard to find a bed

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2
dan woodland   +1y
Removing a be dis not hard. Remove the gas filler neck screws, disconnect the twilight harness wires, remove 4 bolts then lift with a group of guys or engine hoist if you are alone.

While you have the bed off you may want to check the fuel tank and fuel sender unit.

I would stick with a Mazda bed... no other truck beds lines will match up.

Dan
Cusser   +1y
Note that the bed for a regular cab, regular cab with long bed, and Cab Plus are different. And I'd hunch that 4WD beds are different too.
befarrer   +1y
I removed my bed this morning to replace my fuel pump, its easy, especially if it has been off within a year, and you put antiseize on the bolts when installing, and you have a chain hoist, makes it a one person job lol.

There are 8 bolts on my reg cab short box. I doubt an S-10 box will fit without alot of modification, the frames are alot wider on the B2200, so the bolt holes wont even line up width wise, plus the fuel filler door is on the wrong side. Best bet would be a Nissan Hardbody box, but that is a random guess, and probably will take the least amount of mods, the frames look remotely similar. Best bet if you cant find another box to replace it, build a flat deck.

If you do find another Mazda box, make sure it is the same cab/box configuration. Short box to long box is obvious, but Cab Plus to regular cab, the wheel arches are further forward on the Cab Plus box buy a significant amount, and the mounting holes are likely different spacing.
Page 1 of 1