threads
Page 1 of 1
Mazda Lowering Static \  Planning to swap an SR20DET into my B2200 (questions)

Planning to swap an SR20DET into my B2200 (questions)

Mazda Lowering Static Mazda Suspension Mazda Tech
views 1995
replies 6
following 4

Papo The B2200   +1y
So I'm planning to swap a Blacktop SR20DET into my '89 B2200 & drift it (along with other mods of course)

But can I relocate my ebrake from where it is now (on the right of my steering wheel close to my ignition) next to my shifter (the standard position in most cars)?

Should I attempt to do this while I'm mounting the new transmission?

And how hard would it be to install an S15 front suspension (shocks, springs, control arms, the whole 9-yards.) & rear housing & suspension onto my B2200?
befarrer   +1y
You can probably move the ebrake handle, it is only attached to a cable like every other car. But you would have to find an ebrake handle and bracket assembly that you could mount where you want, then find a cable that is long enough and route it where it wont bind up.
xxchromeghostxx   +1y
I can make you a cable, I work for a garage door company an I make steel braid cables all day just lemme know if interested, be minimal cost, shipping shouldn't be bad either.
befarrer   +1y
I am not famiar on the suspension setup on that car, but it is a unbody car and likely has coilspring or strut suspension. All mount points will need to be fabbed, the front is not worth it, but people have swapped in some irs setups, but the suspension protrudes through the box floor.
chevellex69   +1y
I would say go with a hydraulic handbrake. If you go with a staging handbrake you can put it inline with your rear brake lines. Might be more expensive but I think you would have a better grab on the brakes and better control.
Papo The B2200   +1y

I was thinking about getting a K-Sport hydraulic ebrake. Thanks, you made that decision easier. lol
chevellex69   +1y

I've never used a hydraulic handbrake, nor really drifted, but my buddy wants to put one in his mustang So I have been searching the web.
Page 1 of 1