threads
Page 1 of 1
Mazda Lowering Static \  Vacuum/emissions delete?

Vacuum/emissions delete?

Mazda Lowering Static Mazda Suspension Mazda Tech
views 861
replies 5
following 3

goodsmellz   +1y
So I'm getting ready to put my freshly overhauled 89 B22 k2 back together and am looking at this ball of vacuum hoses coming off of the stock carburetor and intake manifold and I'm wondering which ones I can cap off.

I numbered and labeled them all before I pulled the carb and manifold so I know what goes where but they just look awful and we don't have emissions testing where I live and I'd love to lose as many of them as I can. There are something like 18 vacuum lines in that small area it just kills me hahah.

Sorry if there is already a post about this kinda thing and no rush on a reply..

Thanks!
low_life77   +1y
Welcome to the site man! Seen your tuck on your other thread and it's a very clean cab plus, love the color. Anyways here is an old thread on deleting some of the emissions crap you don't need hope it helps.

Chance
Cusser   +1y
I think the consensus is keep the all with stock carb, and get rid of all except vacuum line to distributor if going Weber.
low_life77   +1y
There is also some good info in this thread if you scroll down a little it gives the vacuum line diagrams and lots of pics.
goodsmellz   +1y
Thanks a bunch. Both links veer off into tons of other useful stuff.

Looks like I have quite the project ahead of me hahah.
goodsmellz   +1y
So for now I'm just gonna leave everything as is and just get the puppy running. All I have to do is get these damn vac hoses where they go but there are so many I'm ripping my hair out looking at this damn diagram.

Been in the process of reassembling for the last two days after the overhaul and I'm just sick of that damn ball of hoses. She fired right up but shuddering badly. Just a few hoses I can't really seem to figure out.
Page 1 of 1