Page 1 of 1
Mazda Lowering Static \  5.0 Transmission fit

5.0 Transmission fit

Mazda Lowering Static Mazda Suspension Mazda Tech
views 701
replies 1
following 2

dasan458   +1y
I have a Mazda B2600i that I'm swapping out the blown motor for a 5 liter, and I need a 4x4 Transmission. the problem I have is the stock Mazda trans has the trans-case going to the right and down, and the ford 4x4 trannys have their trans-case going to the left and not so much down. If I used a ford tranny, I would have to change the differentials and cut a hole in the floor boards so the trans-case can fit. I want to avoid this as much as possible.

Is there an adapter for a m5od to tk5 (I think that's the mazda 4x4 tranny, correct me if I'm wrong) transfer case? or any transfer case that goes to the right and down for that matter? or a whole transmission? I would prefer 5-6 speed stick, but auto or 4spd I will consider.

Please any advise other than referring me to another forum is need. I'm tired of people referring me!
sincitylocal   +1y
I'm pretty sure all of this site's members that have done the 5.0 swap have been 2 wheel drive.
I am unaware of any adapters. Even if one was available, I doubt the trans would last long behind a 5.0 swap.
Page 1 of 1