threads
Page 1 of 1
Mazda Lowering Static \  fuel issues?????

fuel issues?????

Mazda Lowering Static Mazda Suspension Mazda Tech
views 607
replies 3
following 2

kodasdad200321   +1y
Can someone please tell me what the stock fuel pump pushes as far as psi? I have a 1992 b2600i with the in tank electric pump, the truck was originally a 5 speed but now houses a fuel injected small block Chevy and a 700r4 trans. I know the fuel pump for a Chevy truck with this engine only pushes 17psi max pressure and from what I've read the stock Mazda pump is running about 90psi??? That sounds a lil far fetched to me but I don't know for sure. I just want to make sure I'm not over doing it with the stock pump. If I have to I'm gonna swap out the Mazda pump with a Chevy one but I'd love to avoid the work and fabrication if possible (granted it's just a matter of modifying the factory pump housing which is actually relatively easy) but nonetheless it's still a pain to do if I don't need to.
dan woodland   +1y
Ig memory serves, OEM Mazda B Series EFI fuel pumps are around 50psi... why not install a fuel pressure regulator?
kodasdad200321   +1y
I had just thought of that right after I made this post. But being the normal self I am I instinctively thought of the most difficult way possible to get where I need to be first. And I have a Chevy pump laying on a shelf from my old truck, so instantly I thought "I'll just put this one in it". Now it's more along the lines of "what are you thinking? You can get a adjustable pressure regulator off ebay for like 20 bucks!!". So yeah I'm just going with the regulator and scratching the whole swapping pump idea.
dan woodland   +1y

Don't sweat it, that's why we're here.

DON'T buy a MR Gasket model, they are awful!!!

Dan

Page 1 of 1