threads
Page 1 of 1
Mazda Lowering Static \  bedless gas tank questions.

bedless gas tank questions.

Mazda Lowering Static Mazda Suspension Mazda Tech
views 710
replies 4
following 3

jeroshen   +1y
I got to dropping my pickup 3" yesterday and made the conclusion that the bed on my long bed b2000 is screwed....so im probably going to run bedless for a bit. My question is what have you guys done, or what would you suggest i do about the tank filler neck? Id rather not just have it hangin out there.
dan woodland   +1y
Why not keep the bed until you get a replacement plan and the goods to complete the plan? Only playing devil's advocate so you don't make a decision without thinking of how you plan to move forward. Dan
jeroshen   +1y
Im not for sure doing it, thats why i was seeing if anyone else has run bedless. Just sorting out the details..and the bed I want to make will take a few day. I also want to get my frame in the back cleaned up and re pained. Unfortunatly i have to drive this to work and back as well.
dan woodland   +1y
Gotcha. You'll need to support the filler neck, secure the taillights and I'd suggest keeping the bumper. I think the bumper will help if you get hit in the rear end because you won't have the bed to help absorb some of the crash energy.

If you "lower" the filler neck you may "slosh" fuel out the the tank wasting fuel and causing a potential hazard.

I don't know where you live but some communities have rules for pickup trucks regarding the bed or going "bedless". Some require you have at least a floor. For obvious reasons, in part it stops the truck from throwing things into the air where other vehicles can strike the them.

Another reason I mentioned making plans first
emjay   +1y
I ran bedless for almost a year and I just left the filler neck hang. I did have a new filler hoes though, it had the spring wound on the inside for rigidity. 8 years later that same filler hose is in good shape
Page 1 of 1