threads
Page 1 of 1
Mazda Lowering Static \  Ideal header for Mazda B2200?

Ideal header for Mazda B2200?

Mazda Lowering Static Mazda Suspension Mazda Tech
views 1811
replies 8
following 5

toxic demise   +1y
I'm a girl. I know close to nothing about building trucks and working on them. I have a pace setter header on my truck right now, but its cracked where the four pipes come together. I'm looking to buy an all new one, but I would like to know you're opinion on what brand header will be best for me. I was told that the pase setters aren't as good as they used to be.
xxchromeghostxx   +1y
The pace setter is a great header, just make sure you order from.them and.not ebay, they offer a ceramic coated or just a steel header.
toxic demise   +1y
The mechanics I went to recommended Gibson or Hooker. If everyone here thinks I should still go with pace setter, I will definitely take it into consideration.

What's the benefit to the ceramic coated one?
dynomike   +1y
Nobody makes one other than pace setter.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
xxchromeghostxx   +1y
Pacesetter is only one who makes a header for the 2.2 or 2.0 B series as far as i know.

And the only benefit is longevity a ceramic coated header will last longer but are more expensive. But you can buy just a steel header and coat it with high heat protective paint for less than a ceramic header.

Your mechanic can say what he wants but hooker does not offer one for our trucks unless custom.order it. A pacesetter flows and sounds awesome with righ mufflers.
dynomike   +1y
I just installed one on my B with no cat underneath, full stock exhaust. Works and runs great!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
rcogan   +1y
i would be curious to know if they were just throwing names out, or if they had "custom" header in mind(more money), or if it was something else
the pacesetters are pretty sweet, coating them is ideal because if not they turn colors pretty quick
wouldnt suck if there were more quality options tho honestly
xxchromeghostxx   +1y
Id say custom made was in mind , or the mechanic just doesnt know mazdas
anguswilly   +1y
OKOK - pacesetter is about the WORST brand of header you can buy - BUT
Page 1 of 1