threads
Page 1 of 1
Mazda Lowering Static \  Installation of a lift kit; for a B2000 sundowner (1984)

Installation of a lift kit; for a B2000 sundowner (1984)

Mazda Lowering Static Mazda Suspension Mazda Tech
views 2618
replies 4
following 3

mrpielovin   +1y
I was wanting to put a a lift kit on my truck nothing ridiculous or anything just around 3" or so I can be a bit more comfortable getting in an out, and put on some hopefully 16" tires/rims (I feel like 3" is enough is it?) I haven't had much luck finding any cheap 14 inch 6-lugs that look well enough out where I live.

I was wondering if anyone could give a me good estimate on what it should cost to have a shop do it for me?
Or how hard/easy it is to do myself.
And if so how much it should cost, and which kit would you guys recommend.
Thanks for your guys help!!!
baha   +1y
That's a tough one, your truck is rare for the after market. I think you may have to look at doing something custom. 3" with some bigger tires should do it. 3" is a common size for body lifts, maybe you could buy a generic body lift and install it your self.

If you are unfamiliar with body lifts, generally you just unbolt the body, lift it up using a jack and install the body lift spacers before bolting the body back to the frame.

thread post photo
spacemonkee23   +1y
The body lift is an option but you may run into some snags...

Lifting the body off the frame will stretch out your brake lines so you may have to get some longer ones, fuel filler tube extension may be needed, the shifter hole may need to be cut wider, radiator lowering brackets must be made, clutch line may need to be replaced with longer ones, steering shaft may need to be extended with spacers, plus whatever else may come at you during the process.

It is possible but requires a lot of adjusting to components that attach from frame to body etc.

The older B2000 Sundowners are coils in the front I think? If so, maybe a spring spacer can be made or a universal kit? Plus an axle flip to the rear? (this will get you around 5 or 6 inches in the rear though), or maybe extend the shackles on the rear leafs(I think with the shackle extend you will get half of what you lengthen it by, i.e. 1"extension on the shackle will give you .5" of lift). I have never worked on the Sundowners before but I would say try to explore that route first.

More research may need to be done.

Good luck, Keep us updated.
mrpielovin   +1y
To be completely honest I don't have much if any clue on how to go about any of this guys haha!
Do you have any specific product recommendations?
spacemonkee23   +1y

This is a coil spring booster, they usually only give you around an inch or two of lift, for the front. They install above the spring, which means you have to take the spring out to install it.
thread post photo
$JCW_MAIN$

Universal rear shackle lift
:ANd9GcTNSmGbFeENF5z0QmQvPvO-YhMlooqi00nbo32i_qj2iAmMQxFEKQ
Page 1 of 1