Page 1 of 1
Mazda Lowering Static \  weber carb

weber carb

Mazda Lowering Static Mazda Suspension Mazda Tech
views 862
replies 5
following 3

b2200cjjr   +1y
I put a new weber on my 2.0 it runs great but when I shut it off and let it sit for 5-10 min it is hard to start I have to put my foot to the floor. I took the air filter off and dont see any fuel seeping into the carb. anybody? anythoughts?
unklechuck78   +1y
Have you tuned it any and did you replace the fuel filter.also it sounds like it is getting vapor locked how much rub gas line are you running
b2200cjjr   +1y
I adjusted the mixture and used the stock rubber hoses and replaced the fuel filter the one thing i dont know what to do with is the bowl vent i left it open
unklechuck78   +1y
Make sure all the vacuum line are hooked up and if they are plug that up and see how it does. One of mine is plugged. The only time I have trouble is if I let it set for a week or so.
inlinesicks   +1y
I had the exact same issue with mine. If I shut it off and immediately tried to start it again it would start fine but if I left it for a few minutes it had a really hard time starting and once it did start it would blow a puff of black smoke out the tailpipe. It turned out to be the float level was set way too high from the factory. Check out my old thread, I put up some instructions on how to adjust the float.

b2200cjjr   +1y
Thankx for the info it worked well

thank you
Page 1 of 1