Page 1 of 1
Mazda Lowering Static \  Chevy Temp Mirror Install

Chevy Temp Mirror Install

Mazda Lowering Static Mazda Suspension Mazda Tech
views 1048
replies 6
following 6

un4givn85   +1y
hey guys i originally made this over on MT but i figured i would share here as well.

i am having my buddy at a glass shop put a mount on the windshield and i will remove the stock mirror and put in the new one.

i plan on making it look as oem as possible, ie running all power wires through the headliner and a-pillar.

install below

finally got everything straightened out lol

i started with taking the a-pillar cover off to run the wire harness down to the underside of the dash cleanly
thread post photo

then i pulled the visor and dome light/mirror off to expose some access to the inside of the headliner
thread post photo

ran a single piece of wire through the headliner
thread post photo

attached my wire harness and pulled it through
thread post photo

then i connected the necessary wires to the mirrors plug and taped it all up to look better, i can post a guide to the wiring later if wanted
thread post photo

then i test fitted the mirror to set a decent length for the wire harness
thread post photo

then i tucked the wires in nice and neat behind the factory clips for the dome lights
thread post photo

then i put everything back together
thread post photo
thread post photo

broke this screw cover in the process of removing the a-pillar cover
thread post photo

couple things i didnt get pictures of....
i ran the wiring for the temp sensor out the grommet that the speedometer cable comes through, and then attached the sensor to the firewall as close to the hood as i could (update to this, the temp sensor was to affected by engine temp right here so i moved it to right in front of the air intake, works great there)
i connected the power wire for the mirror to the engine fuse, and connected the ground wire to a bolt that is below the main fuse block behind the drivers side kick panel
no wiring is visible unless you look upside down under the dash lol

here is a pic of the mirror after i got everything buttoned back up, i couldnt put the dome light back due to the wire harness for the mirror being too thick, i might modify the dome light unit somehow to run those wires through it and still be able to use the unit itself to help make this look factory
thread post photo

and here is pic proving it works although it showed the wrong direction until i calibrated it (4 laps around my block)
thread post photo

i was dissapointed that this mirror didnt show temperatures, as the guy that sold it to me said it did, o well i guess
i plan on getting a dual display mirror soon to replace this one (update to this, i got a dual display mirror and it works great with the temp sensor, i used a chrysler one since i work at a dodge store and it was dirt cheap, but it works with the gm mirror just fine)

any questions feel free to ask
i will do my best to answer them
lowlyfe   +1y
Nice mod. How much bigger is the new mirror compared to the stock one? Install looks good, maybe some day we will do this to my brothers truck.
baha   +1y
Nice write up!
un4givn85   +1y
thanks
the mirror is maybe an inch or two bigger, not to big for the truck tho
i might still have the compass one here somewhere (cant remember what i did with it lol)

the only thing to keep in mind is at least the way i did it, you cant use the front dome light anymore, it wont fit with the wires there
blowered4life   +1y
The mirror looks good. How did you mount it to the mazda windshield?
mjavy7   +1y
Awesome!
dan woodland   +1y
Nice write-up un4givn85! Dan
Page 1 of 1