Page 1 of 1
Mazda Lowering Static \  RX-7 Brakes & rear suspension

RX-7 Brakes & rear suspension

Mazda Lowering Static Mazda Suspension Mazda Tech
views 1465
replies 5
following 5

befarrer   +1y
Anybody done, or thought of using RX7 brakes on a B2200? I am wondering if a front brake caliper from a 86 RX7 GSL can be made to work on the stock B2200 rotors? The RX7 calipers are 4 piston ones.

I also remember seeing someone convert the rear suspension on their B's to the interdependent rear suspension on the same year RX7, anybody know of a writeup?
jenko   +1y
anguswilly   +1y
Wanted to update this thread because I missed it the first time around.

I have had RX-7 FD brakes on the front of my old 5.0 B22 since about 2005.

I now have the new turbo 2.2 truck which I am about to do the same setup on, the setup consists of:

- RX-7 FD3S front calipers (4 piston aluminum) (I actually may use the FC turbo II calipers as they are the same except cosmetics)

- Having the stock rotors machined down into "hats" and drilled with the correct pattern so I can bolt on 12.19"x.81" wilwood rotors to what's left of the stock rotor - the wilwood rotor has a 8 bolt x 7" bolt pattern.

here's the rotor:

" target="_blank

- I have a template for an adapter plate which will allow me to bolt up the calipers already.

I have also found that the stock master cylinder works just fine with this setup so no need to mess with that.

My other truck had Nissan pathfinder rear rotors and mustang cobra rear calipers but I think this time I will stick with drums in rear for a while.
Post was last edited on Oct 12, 2014 06:10. This post has been edited 2 times.
sincitylocal   +1y
Your post is a little confusing. Do you have pics?
anguswilly   +1y

I will eventually post some pics.

What did you need clarification on?
mazdizzle   +1y
Any pics of the rx7 calipers on your truck yet? I like the idea of turning down the mazda rotor and bolting the wilwood rotor to it. I was browsing their site and there's a bunch of the hat mount rotors to pick from. My truck is seriously lacking in the brake department. This winter I'm going to put a narrowed 8.8 in the rear so I'll have disc brakes back there but I've been at a loss for better front brakes.
Page 1 of 1